Donnerstag, 13. November 2014

More insights about the new L.L.Bean Bean Boots eyelets.

As you might know from this post, I've notice some chance of the eyelets of my Bean Boots from 2012 vs. this years' order.

The old eyelet consits of the common two piece eyelet with a solid back.

The new eyelet comes with a starlike back.

As I am a curious guy, I got in touch with L.L.Bean's customer service by email.


The old eyelet of my 8 inch unlined Bean Boots (ordered 2012).

The new eyelet of my 8 inch Thinsulated Bean Boots ordered this year.
So here's the explanation:

"I wanted to get back to you regarding your Bean Boots.

I described to our Developers your questions on the eyelets of your Bean Boot. We did change to a more expensive and improved eyelet in 2012. The new star backed eyelet provides a deeper and stronger hold on the leather.

I hope this helps you with your concerns. We do thank you for being such a valuable customer. Please let us know if you need any further information or help."


We'll that's good to know, as I wasn't aware about the new quality.

I'm more than impressed any time I get in touch with L.L.Bean's customer service, as they go the extra mile every time. You won't find this kind of commitment in Germany.

And L.L.Bean did improve their product without making a big fuss about it.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...